Last modified: June 5, 2023
Introduction 28ish Inc. (the “Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website, www.28ish.com (the “Website”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy applies to the information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this website, which provides dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries).
- Any third party (including our affiliates), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our website is not intended for individuals under the age of 13. We strictly prohibit anyone under 13 years old from providing any personal information on the website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please refrain from using or disclosing any information on this website, including making purchases, utilizing interactive or public comment features, or providing any personal details such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, screen name, or username.
In the event that we discover or receive personal information from a child under 13 without verified parental consent, we will promptly delete that information. If you suspect that we may have inadvertently obtained information from or about a child under 13, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It We collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”). We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide To Us The information we collect on or through our website may include the following:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided when registering to use our website, subscribing to our services, emails or website, submitting content, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and your orders’ fulfillment. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our website.
- Your search queries on the website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies While you browse and engage with our website, we employ automatic data collection technologies to gather specific information about your device, browsing behavior, and patterns. This information may encompass the following:
- Details of your visits to our website, such as traffic data, location data, logs, communication data, and the specific resources you access and utilize on the website.
- Information regarding your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. Additionally, these technologies may be utilized to gather data about your online activities across third-party websites and other online services (behavioral tracking) over a span of time.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include the following:
- Flash Cookies. Certain website features may use locally stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Our website may include content or applications served by third parties, such as servers, content providers, and application providers. These third parties may utilize cookies, web beacons, or other tracking technologies either independently or in combination to gather information about your activities when you use our website. The data they collect may be linked to your personal information or collected as part of a broader scope, including personal information, to track your online activities across various websites and online services. Please note that we do not have control over the tracking technologies employed by these third parties or how they utilize them. If you have any inquiries regarding targeted content, we recommend contacting the respective provider directly.
- To present our website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and non-identifiable information without any restrictions.
Additionally, we may disclose personal information that we collect from you or that you provide to us in the following circumstances:
- To our parent company and subsidiaries, in order to support and provide our services effectively.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties who assist us in conducting our business and who are bound by confidentiality obligations.
- In the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or sale of some or all of 28ish Inc.’s assets, including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings. In such cases, personal information held by 28ish Inc. about our Website users may be among the assets transferred to the buyer or successor.
- Please be assured that any disclosure of your personal information will be conducted with the utmost care and in compliance with applicable privacy laws and regulations.
Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which you provide it. Additionally, if there are any other purposes for which we may need to use your information, we will disclose those purposes to you at the time of collection.
In certain circumstances, we may need to disclose your personal information:
- To comply with a court order, law, or legal process, including responding to government or regulatory requests. However, we will only provide your personal information to the extent legally required, and we will never voluntarily disclose your personal information to the government.
- If we believe it is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of 28ish Inc., our customers, or others.
- Please be assured that any disclosure of your personal information will be done in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and with the utmost care to ensure the protection of your privacy and rights.
Regarding the data you provide for monthly menstrual cycle tracking:
- We only collect cycle data that you voluntarily provide.
- You have the freedom to modify or delete any cycle data you provide at any time.
- Deleted cycle data is not stored in any form. Once you change or delete the cycle data you provided, it is permanently removed from our records.
Your Control Over Information Usage and Disclosure:
We strive to give you options and control over the personal information you share with us. We have implemented mechanisms to provide you with the following choices:
Tracking Technologies and Advertising:
- You can configure your browser settings to refuse all or some browser cookies or receive alerts when cookies are being sent. For guidance on managing your Flash cookie settings, please visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website. It’s important to note that disabling or refusing cookies may result in certain parts of the website becoming inaccessible or functioning improperly.
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising: We want to assure you that we do not share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes. Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to keeping your information secure.
Promotional Offers from the Company: If you prefer not to receive promotional emails or have your contact information used by our Company to promote our own or third-party products or services, you have the option to opt-out. Simply send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your request, and we will ensure your preferences are respected. You can also unsubscribe from our promotional communications at any time. However, it is important to note that the opt-out option mentioned above does not apply to information that you have provided to the Company as part of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or any other transaction.
Targeted Advertising: We want to assure you that we do not utilize the information we collect from you or that you provide to us for the purpose of delivering targeted advertisements.
Your State Privacy Rights: Residents of specific states, including California, Nevada, Colorado, Virginia, and Utah, may have additional rights and options concerning their personal information. For detailed information about your state’s privacy rights, please refer to the “Your State Privacy Rights” section below.
Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Information: If you would like to access, correct, or delete any personal information you have provided to us, please send an email to email@example.com. While we strive to accommodate your requests, please note that we may not be able to make changes if doing so would violate any legal requirements or cause the information to be inaccurate.
Your State Privacy Rights: Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Virginia, and Utah, may have additional rights and choices regarding their personal information.
Your California Privacy Rights: If you are a California resident, you may have additional rights under California law regarding the use of your personal information. For instance, California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits California residents to request specific information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consumer Privacy Rights in Other States: Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their residents with various rights, including the rights to confirm whether their personal information is being processed, access and delete certain personal information, data portability, and opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales. Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia residents also have the right to correct inaccuracies in their personal information and opt out of profiling that has significant legal or similar effects.
To exercise any of these rights or to appeal a decision regarding a consumer rights request, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that Nevada residents have a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales, although we currently do not sell data subject to this opt-out requirement.
Data Security: We have implemented measures to safeguard your personal information against accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. While we strive to protect your personal information, please be aware that no transmission over the internet is entirely secure, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission is done at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of privacy settings or security measures on the website.